The Nottingham West Digital Inclusion Team are part of a new project aiming to help people in the local community to better manage their digital healthcare using the NHS app and Patients Know Best (PKB). The NHS app and PKB are digital platforms that enable you to find health advice, order prescriptions, manage appointments, access your COVID pass and much more. They allow you to take control of your healthcare, access services at a time that suits you, and reduces the need for unnecessary trips to the doctor’s surgery (see below for more features & benefits).
The Digital Inclusion team, comprised of Damian, Paul, and Pauline, understands that navigating digital platforms can sometimes be daunting, and they are committed to providing 1-2-1 support to make things easier, and help you overcome some of technical barriers you may face. They can guide you through the process of downloading and setting up the NHS app on your device*, verifying your identity, and technical help with issues such as resetting your password. They will also provide you with general advice on how to use the key features of the NHS app in ways that best suit you!
Don’t let technology hold you back from accessing the healthcare services you need. Get in touch with the Nottingham West Digital Inclusion Team today and take control of your health. Speak to your GP reception to find out more and for information about your nearest 1-2-1 drop-in session.
Features of the NHS app / PKB:
- Access to health advice, symptom checker and 111 online
- Receive messages from your GP
- Appointment management: view, cancel, and book GP appointments (*where available), view hospital appointments (*where available, dependant on hospital dept.)
- View and manage repeat prescriptions, change your nominated pharmacy, view opening times of your nominate pharmacy
- Access your Covid Vaccination records, download Covid passes for travel
- Obtain test results, access to your GP health record, submit sicknotes (*where available), and track your health
- Access Linked profiles to manage the healthcare of any dependants from your own account (i.e. if you are an official carer, or the parent of a child under 13)
For more information about Patients Knows Best go to https://patientsknowbest.com/
For more information about the features of the NHS App go to https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-app/nhs-app-features
*Registration for the NHS app requires an email address, internet access, a smart phone or tablet, and a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s licence, passport, or citizens card). Users must be 13+.